martes, 28 de agosto de 2007

Inmigración con mascotas

Y si, el peludo no se va a quedar en Buenos Aires... así que consultamos por mail al gobierno de Canadá cuáles son las regulaciones necesarias para la inmigración con mascotas.
Aquí su respuesta:

----- Mensaje original -----
Fecha: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:08:59 -0500
De: "anima_questions" <>
Para: Paola Bianchi
Asunto: Re: WEB RESPONSE / RÉPONSE DU WEB ID:2007/2-1517:Dog for immigrationCopia: "WebMaster CFIA" <>

Hello Paola,

1) Accompanied by their owner, pets (cats & dogs) over the age of three months require a valid rabies vaccination certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian. You will need to present the original document at the time of the inspection. Please note that if the duration of validity is not indicated on the certificate, it will be considered valid for one year. There is no waiting period imposed when you accompany the animal between the time it is vaccinated for rabies and the time it travels back to Canada. There is no quarantine period either.

2) If an animal is not accompanied by its owner and is shipped by itself, it will also need a detailed health certificate, in English or French, that bears the signature of the veterinarian and that clearly identifies the pet and states:
- that the veterinarian has examined the dog and is satisfied that the pet is not less than eight (8) weeks of age at the time of examination,
- is free of any clinical evidence of disease,
- was vaccinated not earlier than at six (6) weeks of age for distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus and parainfluenza virus,
- can be transported to Canada without undue suffering by reason of infirmity, illness, injury, fatigue or any other cause,
- the date on which the dog/cat was vaccinated, that the vaccine was licensed by the country of origin of the pet, and the trade name and serial number of the vaccine, and
- is imported into Canada not more than seventy-two (72) hours after the time of the examination.

Contact Canada Border Services Agency for any other information (fees, taxes).
In Canada, the telephone number is 1-800-461-9999. If you are calling from outside Canada, please telephone either 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064 (long distance charges apply), or visit the Canada Border Services Agency website


Katerine Sylvestre
Canadian Food Inspection Agency / l’Agence canadienne d’inspection des aliments
Tel: 225-2342

No hay comentarios: